Celebrating the success of others

Hi

This week I thought I would post an episode where Anna and I share some of our activities over the last twelve months. It highlights projects that our students have led, and work that Anna and I have guided. It is just the two of us in conversation, and provides a context for forthcoming episodes.

I’ve mentioned previously that Anna and I initiated the podcast to raise the visibility of our equality and inclusion work. We recognised that it could be a really effective communication channel, but had no idea how to set it up. That is where John Anderson, one of our Creative Music students came in. He volunteered to be our Producer. At our first meeting, Anna and I realised how unprepared we were. John asked us basic questions including, title of our podcast, purpose, target audience, proposed communication channel. We had no real answers to any of them! We needn’t have worried though. He was professional, knowledgeable, incredibly patient, and got us organised. In no time at all, we had a title and a clear remit. We were even completing pre-production briefs ahead of every recording: We knew who we were talking to, about what, ahead of every session. To help us, just in case we ran out of conversation, John uploaded them onto the computer in the studio. Anyone who knows Anna and I, would know that was completely unnecessary!

Feedback has always been positive: The episodes are very professional – thanks John- and funny. Take a listen and make up your own mind!